Setting Up CNC Milling Machines
Maintaining the condition of a CNC milling machines is important to prevent it from making erroneous jobs. For this reason, a setup should be carried out. With a proper setup, the machine will run well and keep the tool from damage. Follow this instruction below to start the setup.
- Clean the table to free it from rust and debris. You may use a grit stone to do the cleaning so that the dirt can be easily removed. Continue the cleaning process to the shots of T-holder.
- Put down the vise then secure with bolts. Tighten the bolts then use and indicator to straighten the vises.
- Slot in each tool into collets then secure them. Please ensure that the tool is tight on its place otherwise they will slip and fall; which may cause damage to the material.
- Put the collets into the changer of the tool. Some models of CNC milling machines require you to slot it the collets individually while others do not. You many need to read at the manual of the machine.
- Check to indicate whether the machine “knows” where it ends. This is to ensure the machine to make a proper cut. CNC machines commonly make use of a probe to do this job. The process goes on like this; the machine moves lower, touches the probe then send the information to the computer.
- Move the spindle to the zero point then start the machine again on both axes (X and Y). Next, get the Z point by lowering the spindle to the top of material. This point will be used as guidance in cutting the materials.
By setting up the CNC milling machines, you can ensure it works well throughout the years. You will have to do the setup more frequent if the machine is burdened by a load of work each day.
Knowing the Parts of Plasma CNC Machine
Plasma CNC machine is known as a tool which can cut a piece of material in a unique manner, i.e. using plasma. It is controlled by a computer program which allows the work to be done in much accurate way. To figure out how the machine is able to conduct the task well, check the features below.
The first part of plasma CNC machine is the plasma cutter. The tip of the torch works similarly to those of hand held cutting machines. The nozzle of the cutter functions to direct cutting gas, shielding gas, electrode, and the plasma. Although the plasma cutter should manage to function in three dimensions, most devices work in two dimensions (X and Y).
Table Plasma CNC Machine
The table is a surface where a piece of material will be put on for cutting. The table is commonly made of steel with a grate that functions to hold the material. Most types of tables are modular because there will be a regular replacement for them.
This part of plasma CNC machine is made of two arms that move concurrently. Both arms are moved by a motor. The input of the CNC, however, can move the tip along with any shape programmed. This enables the cutter to carve various kinds of patterns, from the simplest lines to much complicated design.
The computer of the machine consists of a microprocessor, data storage and memory. This is just as similar as those found in any basic computer. However, there is a CNC program that functions to determine the shapes of cutting.
CNC program is also called as the design. The design is scanned to the computer then with a help of specific language program, it is changed into something that can be fed to the CNC program.
By knowing the elements of plasma CNC machine, the user or operator will have a sharpened knowledge about the machine so that he can better use the device.